Quick & Easy Duck Fried Rice
This simple and easy duck fried rice recipe uses preferably boneless roasted duck. It is definitely a dish you can make in limited time. Simply order the boneless roasted duck from nearby Chinese restaurants. It is an ideal for quick lunch or dinner.
Enjoy your duck fired rice with sliced pickled ginger and dark soy sauce with chopped fresh chilies.
Jasmine rice is a good choice for all fried rice dishes. I fry rice with sweet soy sauce which is usually dark, sticky and sweet and sprinkle chopped spring onion and coriander leaves on top and optionally some chopped fresh red spur chili.
This duck fried rice makes a perfect match with Tom Yum Goong or Tom Kha Gai as a Thai set menu.
Fried Rice with Roasted Duck
kaow pad ped yang
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Boneless roasted duck 6 slices for each serve (a half roasted duck can serve up to 4 people)
Steamed Jasmine rice 2 portions
Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
Garlic finely chopped 1 tbsp
Onion halved and thinly sliced lengthwise ½ whole
Spring onion finely chopped ½ cup
Red spur chilies thinly sliced 1 whole
Sweet soy sauce 1 ½ tbsp
Soy sauce 2 tbsp
White pepper powder 1 tsp
Vinegar 1 tsp
Let's get started!
How to make:
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Stir fry garlic and onion until fragrant and turn yellow.
- Add roasted duck and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add steam rice and seasoning with soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, vinegar, and white pepper powder. Stir fry until the mixtures are well combined.
- Sprinkle spring onion and coriander leaves. Turn off the heat.
- Garnish with red spur chilies and pickled sweet ginger.
Return from Duck Fried Rice to Thai Recipes Today Home Page