Easy Thai Stir Fry Vegetables
If you are thinking of a healthy Thai vegetable dish, I recommend stir fry vegetables knows as "Pad Pak Ruam Mit".
This quick and easy dish "pad pak ruam mit" is a stir fried mixed vegetables with crushed garlic, oyster sauce, fish or soy sauce (for vegans).
The ideal vegetables to make this stir fry are carrot, Chinese Broccoli leaves, baby corn, cauliflower, spinach, green beans or yard long beans, sweet sugar peas, bak choi, Chinese cabbage, morning glory, asparagus and so forth. Thai mushrooms like oyster and straw mushrooms are great for stir fries.
The stir fry recipe can be served with anything; curries, soups, fried food. I recommend serving this stir fried vegetables with steamed rice and Thai Duck Curry, or Panang Curry.
Stir Fried Vegetables
pad pak ruam mit
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Chinese Broccoli leaves cut 1 cup
Baby corn 1 inch cut ½ cup
Cabbage thinly sliced 1 cup
Carrot thinly sliced ½ cup
Cauliflower 1 cup
Garlic finely chopped 2 tbsp
Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
Water ¼ cup
Corn flour (1 tsp of corn flour dissolved in 3 tbsp of water) 2 tbsp
Oyster sauce 1 ½ tbsp
Light soy sauce 1 ½ tbsp
Let's get started!
How to make:
Step 1: Wok stir fry
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium to high heat.
- Add garlic. Stir evenly until fragrant.
- Add carrot, cauliflower, cabbage, Chinese broccoli leaves and baby corns.
- Add water to help the veggies cooked quickly. Occasionally stir fry. Approximately 4-5 minutes.
- When the veggies are slightly cooked, add all seasonings and continue stir fry constantly.
- Remove from the heat and serve with steamed rice.
Return from Stir Fry Vegetables to Home Page