Thai Panang Curry with Pork and Rice
Thai panang curry is one of the most popular curries to westerners and Thais. This panang curry with pork is an example of Kaow Rad Gaeng, the pre cooked Thai foods found in food courts or street food markets throughout Thailand.
My Thai panang curry is an authentic recipe, simply use readymade panang curry paste as the base ingredient and you may additionally add teaspoon of ground coriander seed, ½ teaspoon of ground cumin and 1 tablespoon of pounded roasted peanut when fry the curry paste with oil at the first step.
Click here to learn how to make Panang Curry Paste
This Thai panang curry is usually drier than other curry dishes and can be made with thinly sliced chicken, beef or prawns.
My recommendations for other Thai dishes that will make a good Thai set menu are Stir Fired Chinese Broccoli with Oyster Sauce, or Tom Kha Gai (Chicken in Coconut Soup) Click to see recipes!
Panang Curry with Pork and Rice
kaow rad panaeng moo
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Spicy Level: mild
Pork Tenderloin, thinly slices 350 g
Panang curry paste 1 tbsp
Kaffir lime leaves 7-8 leaves
Steamed Jasmine rice 2 portions
Coconut cream 2 servings
Coconut cream, for topping ¼ cup
Coconut milk ½ cup
Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
Fish sauce 1 tbsp
Palm Sugar ½ block
Let's get started!
How to make:
- Fry the panang curry paste, ground coriander seed, ground cumin and pounded roasted peanut with oil in a pot over low heat until fragrant. No more than a few minutes.
***Make sure you don’t fry the curry paste too long which can result in the curry drying out and sticking to the pot.
- Add coconut cream and slowly simmer until you can see red oil from coconut cream and the curry paste floats on top surface.
- Tear a few of kaffir lime leaves in and add pork until cook through.
- Seasoning with fish sauce and palm sugar.
- Remove from the heat.
- Heat ¼ cup of coconut cream in another small saucepan over low heat.
- Continually stir until the coconut cream is thickened. Then remove from the heat.
- Serve panang pork on the side of rice, and spoon out coconut cream for topping over the pork.
- Garnish with thinly sliced kaffir lime leaves.
Return from Thai Panang Curry Pork with Rice to Thai Curry Recipes
Return to Thai Recipes Today Home Page